Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thirsty Thursday - Pomegranate Ginger Spritzer

Happy Thirsty Thursday everyone! If you didn't catch the memo last week we have changed things up a little bit. We will do Tutorial Tuesdays, Wordless Wednesdays, and Thirsty Thursdays, and keep your eyes peeled because we have a lot of things planned for the blog. 

This week I made Pomegranate Ginger Spritzer. NO! It does not have alcohol in it. First thing my husband said when I brought him a drink "but I don't drink" as if I forgot being his wife. The original recipe which I am posting did not make anywhere near as much as I thought. It would be a good amount if your whipping it up to have with dinner, but if you were going to entertain I would double, or even triple the amounts. 






Wait a second y'all before I start I have to say, my counters.. ugh my red counters. I am so embarrassed by them. We have not yet got to renovating the kitchen so I have ugly red counters, don't laugh at me. Please. 

You will need: 




12 oz Ginger Ale 
16 oz Pomegranate juice
juice of 2 limes (debatable amount)

I just bought a 2 liter bottle of ginger ale, it will get used, but not all for this recipe. 

First measure out and pour the ginger ale in your pitcher. 



Next pour in your pomegranate juice. 



Next squish your limes around as to get all the juices going. Just press down on them roll them around on the counter applying pressure. Make the limes sing : (you can sing it too, go on...) Pressure pushing down on me pressing down on you no man ask for. 



Cut your limes and squeeze the juice into the pitcher. Now I would recommend tasting it after one lime. I found mine just a little tart and had to cut it down with extra ginger ale. If you like the taste after one lime roll with it. 



You see what I mean? It didn't make much, granted that's with one glass poured. But it has this nice jeweled color to it, super pretty and tasty. It would be absolutely wonderful at a picnic or barbecue, great alternative to alcoholic drinks. Oh and look at that would-cha just in time for those labor day cook outs. Eat drink and be merry y'all! 



2 comments:

  1. Cute blog - I love owls. I don't think I have ever had pomegranate juice, but I bet this drink is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks so good and I like that it's something different and unexpected. Thanks for posting!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade