How cute! Honestly, I made these cupcakes for Labor Day. I thought it would be nice share them with you to celebrate this awesome new layout though. Besides they kinda go with the theme, right? I've seen pictures of these floating around the web everywhere and knew I just had to try them!
Cupcakes. I used devil's food cake, which I don't recommend using. The batter is WAY to thick and I ended up cutting the tops off the cupcake to make them level. You might have to do this anyway, but probably no where near as much as I had to.
Brown and Orange M&Ms. I used two regular packages of these. Depending on how many cupcakes you decide to make will depend on how many M&Ms you're gonna need.
One package of Oreo cookies.
Chocolate Frosting. I thought vanilla frosting might be cool too. You can make snowy owls. Like Hedwig!
1. Level out your cupcakes if need be.
2. Frost your cupcakes with whatever frosting you decided to go with. This doesn't have to be perfect guys.
3. Twist apart two Oreos. Or just pull apart. This is actually harder than it looks. The cream in Oreos is a lot softer now. When I was a kid the cream was a lot thicker. I found that twisting them broke the cream onto both sides of the cookie, which is not what you want. Mess around with it. Eventually, you'll find a method that will work for you.
4.Grab two brown M&Ms. Place them M side down on one of the far sides of the Oreos with cream.
5. Place the Oreos with the M&Ms on your cupcake side by side. Each M&M should be right next to each other. Eat the other two halves of the Oreo...or not. I saved mine to make a cookies and cream milkshake. Yummy!
6. Pick out a orange M&M. Red would probably work too, but I just liked the orange ones better.
7. Place your orange M&M right below and between the two Oreos already on your cupcake.