Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Redneck Wine Glasses

Ahhh I feel like I haven't done anything for the blog in like forever! I had a couple things planned but I got busy planning a trip to my mother's house for Easter/her birthday that I didn't get to do them. I am one of those people who go neurotic when going on a trip and become a control freak. 


So anyways, I had to wait to post this for a couple weeks because these were actually my mom's birthday present. Now my mother lives in Alabama and I literally have seen her drink wine in a mason jar. So when I saw these all over the internet I HAD to make them for her. 


The funny part is that after I gave her the ones I made my Aunt and Uncle showed up and had bought her the same thing, for $15 a piece! I made mine for about $3 a piece. 










First thing is first get the "stems" of the wine glasses from the dollar tree. They have glass candle stick holders for $1 a piece. 



Next you'll need small mason jars. Any brand will do. 



Attach the candlestick to the bottom of the mason jar with some E6000. I put a ring around the candlestick and also around the bottom of the mason jar. Then press together. 


This is where a second set of hands comes in handy. When you press them together and then let go it may pop up a bit and slide. You need to put something heavy on top of them for at least 24 hours to make sure you have a good bond. 


Once they are dry you can dress them up a bit if you want to. I added some raffia and ribbon, just for presentation. Now since they are "Redneck wine glasses" I had to make sure the final pictures looked like they should be in a Billy Ray Cyrus video, so they are CHEESEY. Y'all ready? 




Everyone got a good kick out of them. Of course they are not dishwasher safe, and if they ever come apart they are easy to fix. Like I said they cost me about $3 a piece but I bought new mason jars, and from Michaels I'm sure you could find them cheaper if you look on craigslist or go to a good will, or even yard sales. 


9 comments:

  1. How cute is that..So glad you stopped by my blog. I'm following too. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! I have been wanting to make these. They are too funny

    Christine @ Projectsaroundthehouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely hilarious! I've never heard of them before so these were new to me. Great job and for only $3! Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cute! A great gift for father's day. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahaha! These are SO AWESOME. What a cute idea. I'll have to keep this one in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No stinkin' way! That is hysterical! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all! Megan and I went to walmart yesterday and actually saw another brand of them, again, for $10 bucks a piece. Not bad but when you can make them so cheap yourselves? And I mean we all know at least one person this would be a good gift to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! I love this idea. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great!!!
    I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Come check it out when you have a chance. :-)
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade