Thursday, April 19, 2012

Parasol Pick Spring Wreath




Hello everyone! So Spring is finally here. Spring is probably my second favorite season of the year; runner up to Fall. (I'm kinda bias though since I was born in the Fall and really close to Halloween. Also, Halloween is my favorite holiday as you'll come to know for sure come August when I won't shut up about it. Yes, I said August.) Spring is nice though. Not to hot and not too cold. Kinda like Fall, well at least here in Savannah that is. Now is about the time that people start doing those Luau parties and have those cute little umbrellas in their drinks. I love those little umbrellas. I also like making new wreaths for my door too. I came across this cute little wreath on the internet somewhere or another that had a vine wreath with umbrella picks and I thought...PERFECT! Spring and Summer all rolled into one and a super cute wreath for my door! I also had a few extra umbrellas left over that I'm just going to place in all my drinks and dream that I'm on the beach in Maui pretending I don't sunburn easily. Hey, a girl can dream can't she?




Supplies:








1. About 60 parasol picks. (I got mine at World Market. I know you can get them at Party City for way cheaper than I got mine at World Market. They were all sold out at Party City when I went searching for mine and a project that was only supposed be about $7 turned in to a $20 project....oh well C'est la vie.)

2. Grapevine wreath

Instructions:


1. Open up your umbrellas and stick them through the grapevine. That's it. No gluing. No Ribbon. The picks squeeze in tight enough between the vines that no gluing is needed. My wreath had a great vine on the back of it to use as a hanger. Just keep filling in the holes with little umbrellas until you can't see your grapevine anymore. Some of my picks were too long so I broke them to get them to fit just right.


              


Some how I managed grab a warped wreath when I was pulling my wreath out of the bin at Michael's. Today just wasn't my day to buy supplies for any project I guess. This project is super easy and, if you can find the little umbrella picks at Party City, really cheap. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy and found inspiration! See you guys tomorrow for Favorite Finds Fridays.










7 comments:

  1. I was just trying to dream up a fun "summer" wreath for my front door! This is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like, Camille. Try to get you picks at a party supply store though. They are sooo much cheaper. I think you can get them at liquor stores too, but I'm not sure how much they go for there. I hope your wreath turns out great. If can't find a grapevine wreath a regular foam wreath could work too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Would make great party decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply cute. What a great idea to use the umbrellas' so perfect for spring. I also would pick the one wreath that is crooked too, like cart where the wheels won't roll! So feel it. Thanks for sharing your creative plant inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and what a good idea using the umbrellas! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha. This wreath just makes me smile!! What a fun wreath for summer! :) Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade