Friday, April 20, 2012

Favorite Finds Fridays {2}

Happy Friday!!!

Welcome to this week's Favorite Finds! Yay! We made it to the weekend! First off, I want to say thank you to all of last week's Favorite Finds! There are some truly fabulous inspirations in last week's picks. Emily and I really enjoy searching through blogs and checking out posts for inspiration. When something really gets our attention we like to share it. So I hope you guys enjoy this week's picks.


Whimsically Homemade

Whimsically Homemade





If you were featured we ask you pretty please to grab a button. It's not mandatory, but it would be nice.









Megan's Picks


1. Bacon Flower Bouquet at Will Cook For Smiles. I immediately thought of Alex's best friend Keith when I saw these and I nearly fell over in excitement. Considering that I'm the one that has to come up with gift ideas for every occasion of every person we know, it's kind of difficult to come up with a gift idea when you don't know the person as well as you probably should. This however has Keith's name written all over it. Can someone say birthday present? Not only is this a tasty treat; it's totally creative and a conversation started. I saw bravo, Lyuba!





2. Jar Cakes at The Girl With A Curl. I love these! It just a cute and great idea. Perfect for party favors. AND...it's got Nutella in it. Nutella is one of my favorite things on the planet and these are just too cute to say no to.




3. Cheesy Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado Quesadillas by Kevin & Amanda. GET IN MY BELLY!!! I love this recipe! Super tasty and really popular around here. It has everything anyone could ever want. Chicken, cheese...BACON! All I can say is that Kevin and Amanda sure can cook!




4. Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread at The Sweets Life. Apparently, Monkey Bread is a big thing with Alex's family. I'd had never even heard of it before I met him. When I stumbled along this little gem, I thought Alex would get a kick out of the different variation considering he doesn't particularly care for sweets. (Weirdo...right?) I haven't had a chance to make this yet, but it's definitely on my to-do list.




5. Before & After: Salvaged Wood Riddling Rack at Design Sponge. Who doesn't love wine? I know I do. A glass on Pink Truck (which is extremely hard to find in Savannah and I always have to bring a bottle home with me whenever I go down to Orlando) and I'm good to go. And if you like wine as much as I do. you always have a bottle or two...or three...or five around the house. This project is great for wine lovers and end product is very rustic and absolutely gorgeous.





Emily's Picks


1. Pottery Barn Inspired Lampshade over at Sweet C's DesignThis I just love love love. We are doing our daughters room now (stay tuned for the reveal!) and I will be making one of these to go in there. I even convinced my husband to change the paint color so that a lamp like this would fit in. 




2. Organizing Measuring Cups and Spoons over at Infarrantly CreativeI have 3 different sets of measuring cups in my house, because I continuously lose them, or at least some of them. I think something like this would be perfect for me to store them so I don't lose them all the time. 





3. DYI: Stencil Pillow at Wit & WhistleI want to do this but with "I carry your heart with me" by E.E. Cummings - never read the poem? Go do so, it's beautiful. But that poem means a lot to me and I would love to make a throw pillow for my bed with it. 





4. How to Swirl Colored Icing for Cupcakes at Our Best Bites.  Okay so I've made rainbow swirl cupcakes before, but I apparently did it the hard way. This looks so much easier, it's one of those, why didn't I think of that! 






5. Springy Flower Pot Desserts at  The Pioneer WomanThese are awesome! I'm thinking about throwing a tea party with my daughter and bringing these out and just dig in without telling her it's actually ice cream, just to see her face when she thinks I'm eating dirt. 







Okay! So there they are! Some really great stuff this week. Be sure that you guys check everyone out. Leave some comment love...maybe follow.  See you guys next week!


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my Bacon Roses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely finds, especially the Cake in a Jar idea made me faint with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I see your Favicon!!! It looks GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Measuring cups on the door?! Why don't I think of these things! That's going on my to-do list for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade