Thursday, May 10, 2012

Black Bean Dip

I hope everyone's week is going great! I'm counting down the days when me and Alex get to go to Dahlonega. Less than a week left! Anyway, we've had a house full of people this week because Alex's best friend came into town to see everyone before he went to Venice for 6 weeks. (I'm just going to pretend I'm not jealous.) So, I had a house full of boys that were playing card and board games. I couldn't let them go hungry could I? This recipe is a favorite with our game group. People will actually fight over this stuff and I've had to start making double batches of it. It's pretty easy to throw together, especially if you need a last minute dish to take to a party or something.

I want to give my friend Jessica Miller a great big thank you! I would not have be able to complete this post without her since I didn't have my camera when I made this. If it wasn't for her IPad and her emailing these pictures to me there would be no tutorial this week. Thanks Jessie!!







Ingredients:

2 cans Bush's black beans drained and rinsed
salsa
8oz. sour cream 
12 oz. guacamole
1/3 cup chopped scallions
1/3 sharp cheddar cheese
1/3 cup diced tomatoes
Square baking dish


Directions:




1. Pour drained and rinsed black beans into squared baking dish.



2. I take about 3 heaping tablespoons full of salsa and mix it in with the black beans. Now you can use as much salsa as you want or as little as you want. Just add the salsa and mix it in and the pack down the beans into the baking dish. 


3. Spread your guacamole over the black beans. Nice and pretty.


4.Spread your sour cream over your guacamole.



5. Top with tomatoes, scallions, and cheese. Not necessarily in that order, but a certain someone in my house likes it this way.


And your done. I always make this a couple of hours ahead of time and pop into the fridge before everyone gets there. It's the best when it just comes out of the fridge. I serve these with Tostitos Crispy Rounds, but  any Tostitos will do. The Crispy Rounds  are just easier to handle and usually hold up better with the dipping. I hope you guys enjoy!









2 comments:

  1. My husband would love me {even more} if I made this for him! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dip looks really good, perfect for a party. I really like how easy it is to make. I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-7.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Crafting!

Megan@ Whimsically Homemade