1 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate morsels
2 sticks unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
4 whole eggs
4 egg yolks ( This is not to confuse you. You need both four whole eggs and 4 more eggs without the whites)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 345 degrees. Combine 1 1/2 cups chocolate morsels and two sticks of butter in a double boiler over simmering water and melt. While you're waiting for your chocolate to melt prepare your muffin tins with cupcake liners. Once you've done this, hop back on over to your chocolate to make sure it's melting nicely. It should look like this when you are done.
Yummy! Now take it off the heat and set it aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine your 4 eggs, 4 egg yolks, and 1/2 cup of sugar.
3. Blend with an electric mixer until pale yellow and thick.
4. Slowly fold in the melted chocolate into the sugar and egg mixture. Don't pour it all in at once because you might cook the eggs by accident if your melted chocolate is still hot.
5. Add your 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and your 1 teaspoon of vanilla and mix in. I didn't use an electric mixer for the melted chocolate or for the cocoa powder. It's really not necessary. I just used a wooden spoon. After you mixed it all up it should look like this:
It's starting to look yummy! Now pour your batter into whatever it is you use to place the batter into the muffin tins. I used a measuring cup. It just makes it easier than pouring the batter from a large bowl into a tiny cupcake liner.
6. Fill up your cupcake liners with batter. As you can see I've filled up the liners almost to the brimster. You'll want to do this too. Trust me, the cupcake isn't going to blast over the edge while it's baking. Now, place those babies in the oven and let them bake for about 20 minutes.
7. Just out of the oven. Don't freak out when they start to collapse inward. They are supposed to do that. They are flourless cupcakes after all. This next part is optional. Sift some powdered sugar over the top for a nice finished look.
Sorry about the crumbs in the picture. Powdered sugar isn't exactly the easiest to control. Anyway, those are my flourless chocolate cupcakes. I hope you guys enjoy!