- Empty cereal box of your choice
- Clock kit with numbers (or without that's totally your call. I got my kit from Michael's in the woodworking dept.)
- Exacto knife or box cutter
- E6000 glue
1. Find the center of your box and cut a medium size X on the front.
2. Turn your box over, find the center, and cut out a square big enough to fit you clock piece into. You can leave a little flap like I did so you can close it later or you can just cut it out completely.
3.Now, place some glue on the front side of the clock piece on the black part only.
4.Take your clock piece without any of the hands and place in the big square at the back of the box and poke it through the X you made.
5.The little hanger should be facing you and the long piece that holds the hand should go through the box. Now, hold the clock and the box together tight for a few minutes and then allow the glue to dry. (30 minutes or so. Do the dishes or vacuum. Or do what I did... clean out the fridge)
6. Now place all your hands on your clock. The clock kit usually doesn't come with directions but it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to put it together. Your clock is pretty much done! YAY! Congratulations! At this point, you can place your numbers if you have them. I used a push pin to hang up my clock. I opened the top of the box to insert the pin and then just closed it up after I had it into the wall.
YAY!! I was so excited when I got this done. And it looks awesome in the tiny kitchen I have to work in. Please let me know how your project come out. If anyone decides to do a Lucky Charms clock please send my some pictures! I would love to see it. GOOD LUCK!!